Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

Like A Kid In A Candy Store

We all know about the kid in a candy store; the child who views candy in all its flavors and colors as the be all and end all of existence. He has been fortunate enough to have had candy in the past but the concept of being surrounded by more candy than his little brain could possibly fathom puts the kid in a situation where his hands can't resist reaching out to at least begin to sample the candy store's delights. And it is then that his mom or some other adult figure holds him back. It’s just a great big tease. The most the kid ever gets is gummy bear or something.

I too am a kid in a candy store. In an effort to keep in shape I go swim for the Boston College Masters swim team. Recently the freshmen and sophomores from the varsity team have joined the masters team. So there I am every night surrounded by 18 and 19 year old girls in bathing suits. But all I can do is look and not touch. Half of me wants to take the moral high ground in this situation and behave like a normal adult. The dirty old man half of me wants to kick the crap out of that half of me.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who links to me? Benny Hoh Blog