Tuesday, February 22, 2005

 

Revolving Doors


Ahh yes the revolving door. Not since the Dutch door has entering and leaving a building been so much fun.

Forgive the potential idiocy of this post but I began to think about revolving doors when I got work this morning. I thought of a trip I took to Ireland and I could not recall if I had gone through any revolving door. I don’t know if they have revolving doors over there and I am not so sure I care. However, if they do have them or if they ever were to have them, which way would they turn? In the U.S. of A we drive on the right side of the road and our revolving doors turn counter clockwise. In Ireland, Great (Modest and damn proud of it aren’t they) Britain and other nations people drive on the left side of the road. Which way do their revolving doors turn?


And what about Australia, once a British prison colony on the bottom side of the planet? Are the directions in which their revolving doors turn somehow related to the hemispheres? It has been suggested that in the northern hemispheres toilet water flows one way and in the in the southern hemisphere it is the opposite. Could this be true for revolving doors as well?


Comments:
Benjamin

I remember at least 2 revolving doors in Dublin, at that mall on St. Stephen's Green and then at the hotel right next door.

And as far as I (and my ladyfriend) remember they went counter-clockwise. Those are my two cents....
 
now...was that counter-clockwise with respect to looking down from an elevated point above the doors or from a perspective of someone directly below the aforementioned doors??
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who links to me? Benny Hoh Blog