Friday, April 08, 2005

 

Shark Food

This morning I saw an ad that had some kid with a potato with wires sticking out of it. I don't know what the ad was for but I remembered learning in grade school that potatoes and lemons can generate electricity. It also occurred to me from watching too much Shark Week that in the snouts of most sharks are small, jelly-filled pits, known as the ampullae of Lorenzini, and in each pit is a sensor that detects minute electric fields associated with contracting muscles, such as those in a pumping heart. Hence sharks are drawn to electrical currents.

My question is since lemons and potatoes can generate electricity could they be used as shark bait or food.

Any thoughts?


Comments:
That's crazy, because after I read your post I saw the movie "Open Water." BTW, I don't think you want to be messing around with shark bate. But if it came down to it, you would do as bate.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who links to me? Benny Hoh Blog