Tuesday, May 17, 2005

 

I Don't Get It

As many of you know I have recently moved to San Francisco. There are many small differences from many of the East Coast cities I have experienced and I am still getting used to them. One big difference I have noticed is that in many of the houses and apartments the locations of the toilet and bathroom/sink area are different. I am far from the most clean or hygienic person but I was always taught that when you are done with your business you take a second to wash your hands. It’s a small task and I fully understand the argument of having good aim or whipping capabilities but it’s a courteous safety precaution for you and those around you. Certainly having one’s sink in a different location as the toilet does not encourage the proper behavior. My question is why this was done in the first place. So far the only explanation I have received is that this occurrence is only in the older homes and that back in the day people were not as conscious of germs etc… I find this explanation to be poop. I lived in Boston; one of the oldest cites in the country with homes much older than anything in San Fran and never encountered a sink being in a separate room from the john.

If you can help answer the rational behind this phenomenon it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I was too lazy to include links today.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who links to me? Benny Hoh Blog