Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

I Prefer the Soft Shell

Stupid Northern California... Don't get me wrong I am enjoying it out here but I am still adjusting to many of the differences. The latest concerns Tacos. There is an apparent rift between the cultures of Northern Cal (where I live) and Southern Cal (If you haven't guessed, where I don't live). The rift extends all the way to the foreign foods isle in the markets. Although Mexican by nature I never quite pegged tacos as really being foreign but that's where the taco related products are in California grocery stores. Moving on I have noticed a very limited and hard to find amount of taco mix kits in various markets. I can't imagine this is the case in SoCal, they have a greater Hispanic population and are closer to the border (Your Welcome). The issue I have encountered is; Where the hell are the soft taco kits? They are harder to find than an 8 0z container of fruit on the bottom yogurt. Everybody knows the soft shell is superior:

You get to practice folding skills

It is less messy

You can easily melt cheese to the tortilla and then add additional toppings

The likelihood of you cutting the roof of your mouth on a taco shell is limited

The list goes on and on, just use your imagination. As usual, the long and short of this PSA is I'm pissed

In cool ass lists news some guy made a list of the 50 greatest on screen rides. Numbers 9 and 4 have my vote.

Comments:
DOOOD Apprently you have been looking at the wrong places for Mexican food stuff. There are a shi* load if your not too afraid to go the the actual Mexican grocery store, you won't find real authentic Mexico in say an Albertsons, Trader Joes, Calla Foods, etc. COME ON BENNY LIVE a little an come to the other side!! haha
 
Actually - you don't have to "live a little" or "go to the other side"
You just need to get on the number 48 bus on the corner of Castro and 24th and head down to the Mission (or if you're up for a nice little walk just keep heading East down 24th on foot until you hit Mission Street).

Once you get to the corner of 24th and Mission head left - you'll be spoiled for choice:
http://www.sfgate.com/traveler/guide/sf/neighborhoods/mission.shtml
 
I gotta go with the 8 and 4, but the 9 is a very close 3rd. I think the 8 and 4 are certainly a high way to the danger zone as far as I'm concerned!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who links to me? Benny Hoh Blog