Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

Here Comes The Science

I am pretty sure I learned this in 9th grade, however most people didn't have let alone heard of email when I was in 9th grade so perhaps things have changed. I learned that it is physically impossible for anything to go faster than the speed of light. That being said I also learned that (V1 + V2 = V3). V stands for velocity. Sooooooooooo if one got a car to go the speed of light and then said car turned on its headlights what would happen?

I welcome all of you who are smarter than me to assist in the query.

In Katrina relief news: Boobs prevail again

Today's Movie Quote (The answers will be announced on Friday):
"If he'd just pay me what he's paying them to stop me robbing him, I'd stop robbing him."

Comments:
From what I think I can remember regarding v1 + v2 = v3--it has to do with vectors which have a direction associated with them as well as a magnitude.

So if you are trying do disprove the fact that nothing can travel faster than light by saying V1 = speed of light and V2 being of any positive magnitude would result in a V3 which is faster than V1, thereby disproving the fact--I would have to say that you only changed the direction of the velocity.

Although, I could be wrong---it's been a few years since Engineering Physics class.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Who links to me? Benny Hoh Blog